I’m a big pasta fan; always have been and always will be. Whenever I go out to a restaurant, providing it’s on the menu, I will instantly go to the pasta page. At one particular restaurant I fell in love with a creamy chicken pasta dish. Once I find a recipe I like in a restaurant I tend to stick to ordering that so this became my go to dish until one day it had been taken off the menu!!! Luckily for me, my wonderful mother who has a good tongue managed to recreate this recipe for me and now I can have it whenever I like.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Low Calorie Spray Oil
- 1 Onion OR 2 Shallots cut into strips
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 1 Chicken Breast cut into strips (Mixed with pasta 1 is enough but feel free to use 2)
- 1 Knorrs Chicken Stock Pot
- 150g Penne Pasta (Or any pasta of your choosing)
- 75ml White Wine
- 150ml Double Cream
- 40g Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Place a frying pan over a medium to high heat, once hot spray a few squirts of your low calorie cooking spray to ensure the pan is evenly covered. Chuck in your onions and garlic and fry until the onions have softened.
2. Add the chicken and fry until browned.
3. Boil a kettle and in a separate pan, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
4. Stir in the Knorrs Chicken Stock Pot to the chicken until the stock has completely melted. Whether you have used one chicken breast or two you will only require one stock pot.
5. Turn the heat down to low and pour in the white wine and double cream then mix well. Leave to simmer for about 7 minutes while the pasta is cooking.
6. Add the parmesan cheese (leaving some aside to sprinkle over the pasta at the end) and stir into the sauce until it melts.
7. Once the pasta has cooked, drain according to the packet and then place back in the pan. Pour the sauce into the pasta and mix well. Divide into bowls, sprinkle on the remaining parmesan and serve immediately.